The Woodlands Sports Medicine Centre
Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine located in The Woodlands, TX & Conroe, TX
Problems with your spine can result in severe pain and significantly limit your mobility. The Woodlands Sports Medicine Centre in Conroe and The Woodlands, Texas, offers spinal surgery to restore the health and function of your spine. The expert surgeons specialize in innovative, patient-centered care. To speak with a specialist about your spine surgery needs, call the office or book an appointment online today.
Spinal Surgery Q & A
What Conditions Require Spine Surgery?
There are a number of spine conditions that can require surgery, including:
- Herniated discs
- Degenerative disk disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Scoliosis, lordosis, and kyphosis (deformities)
- Bone spurs
- Spinal tumors
- Spine infections
Your doctor determines your need for surgery based on the severity of your symptoms and the health of your spine. If your condition causes severe pain, interferes with your daily life, or doesn’t improve with conservative treatment, then spinal surgery may be right for you.
The Woodlands Sports Medicine Centre provides a number of safe and effective surgeries based on your symptoms, diagnosis, and overall health.
What Types of Spinal Surgery are Available?
At The Woodlands Sports Medicine Centre, the experienced surgeons offer several traditional and minimally invasive spinal surgeries, including:
- Spinal Fusion: Spinal fusion fuses two or more vertebrae in your spine. The goal of spinal fusion is to eliminate painful vertebral motion and increase the stability of your spine. Spinal fusion frequently addresses conditions like spinal stenosis, herniated discs, degenerative disk disease, and fractured vertebra.
- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS): VATS is an image-guided minimally invasive surgery that allows your doctor to correct abnormal curvature of the spine (scoliosis, lordosis, and kyphosis). During the procedure, your surgeon accesses your spine through a small incision in the side of your chest or abdomen and inserts small surgical instruments, including a very small camera. Your surgeon then identifies and removes the affected parts of your spine and reconstructs the alignment of your spine with rods, screws, and a bone graft.
- Microdiscectomy: A microdiscectomy is a minimally invasive procedure that treats pinched nerves in your spine. The nerves in your spine can become compressed from a number of issues like herniated discs and bone spurs. During the procedure, your surgeon uses a laser or small surgical instrument to remove the source of your compressed nerve. A microdiscectomy allows your surgeon to relieve your neck or back pain while causing minimal trauma to your spine and the surrounding muscles, ligaments, and tendons. The Woodlands Sports Medicine Centre also offers a number of additional procedures like kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty, and coccygectomy. During your consultation, your doctor helps you determine the right spinal surgery.
What Should I Expect During My Consultation?
The Woodlands Sports Medicine Centre offers high-quality patient-centered orthopedic care. During your consultation, your surgeon performs a thorough evaluation to determine your need for surgery.
The practice offers a number of convenient in-office diagnostics, including X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs. After your evaluation, you work with your doctor to develop the most effective treatment plan for your condition.
To find out if spinal surgery is right for you, call or book an appointment online today at The Woodlands Sports Medicine Centre.
Shoulder Injuriesmore info
Hip Injuriesmore info
Knee Injuriesmore info
Foot & Ankle Injuriesmore info
Hand & Wrist Injuriesmore info
ACL Repairmore info
Arthroscopic Surgerymore info
Pain Managementmore info
Spinal Surgerymore info
Sports Injuriesmore info
Joint Replacement Surgerymore info
Worker’s Compensationmore info
On-Site Imagingmore info
Bracing & Orthoticsmore info
Total Knee Replacementmore info
Anterior Total Hip Replacementmore info
Back & Neck Painmore info